Get notified about latest publish post. Test link

YOU HAVE A PURPOSE

YOU HAVE A PURPOSE

 OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL


WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 30TH 2026

MEMORISE:

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." Jeremiah 29:11


BIBLE READING: JEREMIAH 1:4-10


4 Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,


5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.


6 Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child.


7 But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.


8 Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD.


9 Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.


10 See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.

YOU HAVE A PURPOSE


MESSAGE:

After Jesus resurrected from the dead, He visited His disciples in John 20:19-22 and said to them, "..as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you." When God comes into a person's life, He will give the person a purpose for his or her life. He will share His thoughts and plans with the person and show him or her what the future holds. He will do this because He desires His children to live purposeful lives.


Many people are drifting through life because they haven't encountered Jesus. They do anything that appeals to them because they have not discovered why God created them. For instance, some of them engage in fraudulent acts just to make money. At the end of the day, they realize that life is more than having money. Such people become rich but miserable because the wealth they amassed, which they thought would bring them joy and fulfilment, did not. They soon discover that their lives lack meaning despite their wealth. They do not know God's purpose for their lives, so they continually strive to achieve the next big thing. Unfortunately, after each seemingly big achievement, they tend to sink into despair because they feel as if something is still missing in their lives.


Child of God, no amount of money, fame, or achievement can make a person fulfilled. As long as a person lives outside God's purpose for his or her life, such a person will not know what true fulfilment is. I have had the opportunity to mingle with the high and mighty, and I have discovered that some people who are poor by societal definitions have more joy and peace than many of them. In today's memory verse, the Almighty God says that He knows the plans He has towards you, and that they are good.


Beloved, God has a specific plan for your life, and it is only when you align yourself with His plan that you will experience fulfilment. To know His purpose for your life, you must cultivate an intimate relationship with Him because He created you, and no product can fulfil its true purpose outside its manufacturer's intention and specifications. As you spend quality time with your Maker in prayer and studying His word, your true purpose will become evident. I pray that God will continually guide you along the path of your purpose in Him and supply you with the grace and wisdom to fulfil it, in Jesus' name.


REFLECTION:

Do you know God's purpose for your life, and are you walking in it?



AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A ADEBOYE


BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: ZECHARIAH 11-14


HYMN 10: IN CHRIST ALONE

1 In Christ alone my hope is found

He is my light, my strength, my song

This cornerstone, this solid ground

Firm through the fiercest drought and storm

What heights of love, what depths of peace

When fears are stilled, when strivings cease

My comforter, my all in all

Here, in the love of Christ, I stand 


2 In Christ alone, who took on flesh

Fullness of God in helpless babe

This gift of love and righteousness

Scorned by the ones he came to save

'Til on that cross, as Jesus died 

The wrath of God was satisfied

For every sin, on him, was laid

Here, in the death of Christ, I live. 


3 There in the ground, his body lay

Light of the world, by darkness, slain

Then bursting forth in glorious day

Up from the grave, he rose again

And as he stands in victory

Sin's curse has lost its grip on me

For I am his and he is mine

Bought with the precious blood of Christ. 


4 No guilt in life, no fear in death

This is the power of Christ in me

From life's first cry to final breath

Jesus commands my destiny

No power of hell, no scheme of man

Can ever pluck me from His Hand

Till He returns or calls me home

Here, in the power of Christ, I stand.

My mission to teach the gospel has been a lifelong dream, one I've carried since the age of 12. This platform provides a significant opportunity to propagate the gospel globally. I aim to achieve this by leveraging the wisdom and established ministry of my spiritual fathers in the Lord, sharing their impactful sermons here on this blog.
NextGen Digital... Welcome to WhatsApp chat
Howdy! How can we help you today?
Type here...